Roles and ResponsibilitiesSpecial projects @ HDFC Life
HDFC Life has continuously innovated with a futuristic mindset and led the industry in this area. One of the mandates of the team (us!), rolling into the CEO’s office, is to work on cutting edge ideas in the area of life insurance.
We are responsible for conceptualizing new ideas through consumer research and market intelligence, and also testing these ideas through an iterative pilot-feedback-repeat loop. We are (thankfully) empowered individuals who like to think of ourselves as “idea owners”, with the ability to think differently, challenge the status quo and with a bias for action.
If you are passionate about using technology to create a differentiated &user experience through superior design and interface on digital applications (e.g., website, mobile app etc.) or if continuously improving customer experience through iterative feedback on user requirements excites you, then do reach out to us. This role will give you a high degree of freedom and exposure to drive end to end product design along with a fair amount of accountability.
Education: Engineering from a tier 1 school
Experience:6- 8 years’ experience (mandatory) in designing highly scalable product in a B2C environmentLocation: Mumbai
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with business leads & engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style / brand standards on fonts, colors and images
- Experience in design for Retail Experience, Information Design, Interaction Design, Universal Design, User Experience, Visual Design
- Strong understanding and experience of design tools like Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Xd
Attitude / behavioural requirements:
- Self-starter attitude; curiosity and passion to take on challenges and deliver results with minimum direction
- Bias for action (knowing when to trade off perfection for timing; getting things done)
- Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment
- Out of the box thinking, clarity in thought (great to have wacky ideas, but you should be clear of your wacky ideas)
- Frontend: React, Progressive Web Application (PWA) with Flutter for mobile
- Backend: Python (Flask), NodeJS, OBIEE / Oracle Analytics Cloud
- Databases: Oracle 11g / 19c, DynamoDB, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Redshift
- o On-premises: Oracle Exadata X3-2 Qtr rack (EDW)
- o AWS Cloud: ECS, S3, Lambda functions, Athena, Elasticsearch Service, Database Migration Service (DMS), EMR, Karka(EC2), Nifi(EC2), API Gateway, Kinesis Streams, Kinesis Firehose
- DevOps: IAM, KMS, SNS, Cloudwatch
- CI/ CD pipeline: jenkins, gitlab, ansible, artifactory, Docker, CloudFormation
- Reporting: Qlik Sense
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
HDFC LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) ('HDFC Life' / ‘Company’) is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., one of India’s leading housing finance institution and Standard Life Aberdeen, a global investment company.
Established in 2000, HDFC Life is a leading long-term life insurance solutions provider in India, offering a range of individual and group insurance solutions that meet various customer needs such as Protection, Pension, Savings, Investment, Annuity and Health. As on March 31, 2020 the Company had 37 individual and 11 group products in its portfolio, along with 6 optional rider benefits, catering to a diverse range of customer needs.
HDFC Life continues to benefit from its presence across the country with 421 branches and additional distribution touchpoints through several partnerships. The partnerships comprise 270 Bancassurance partners including NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies), MFIs (Micro Finance Institutions), SFBs (Small Finance Banks), etc. and more than 40new ecosystem partners. The Company is also strengthened by a strong base of financial consultants.In Fiscal 2012, The Company established a wholly-owned subsidiary, HDFC Pension Management Company Ltd., to operate its pension fund business under the National Pension Scheme (NPS). And in Fiscal 2016, the Company established its first international wholly-owned subsidiary in the UAE, HDFC International Life and Re Company Ltd., to operate its reinsurance business.