Roles and ResponsibilitiesSpecial Projects, CEO office@ HDFC Life
HDFC Life has continuously innovated with a futuristic mindset and led the industry in this area. One of the mandates of the team (us!), rolling into the CEO’s office, is to work on cutting edge ideas in the area of life insurance (yes, it may be a boring industry and that’s part of the challenge :)).
We are responsible for conceptualizing new ideas through consumer research and market intelligence, and also testing these ideas through an iterative pilot-feedback-repeat loop. We are (thankfully) empowered individuals who like to think of ourselves as “idea owners”, with the ability to think differently, challenge the status quo and with a bias for action.If pre-empting customer needs (the joy of giving customers something that they don’t know they need yet), conceptualizing, experimenting and finally executing tech- driven futuristic ideas (no, we aren’t creating tech to take over the world; more like tech that help customers overcome the daunting challenge that is life insurance today) and getting your hands dirty with ‘real world’ work (analysing data to get insights, speaking to customers yourself to validate those insights, building new products / solutions from scratch etc.) sound exciting to you, then please reach out to us. This role will give you a high degree of freedom and exposure along with a fair amount of accountability.
Education: MBA from Tier 1 or Tier 2 institute; Chartered Accountant
Experience:3-6 years; experience in a consulting firm or in a corporate strategy / CEO office role (corporate / high growth start up) of successfully implementing and executing business ideas
- Keep abreast with new ideas / concepts in the insurance / tech space (global, local, allied) and identify possible disruptive ideas
- Prioritize ideas basis logical frameworks (e.g., tapping an unidentified need, potential to scale)
- Conduct on ground research (surveys, calls etc.) along with secondary research to identify and validate customer needs, spot trends and opportunities
- Summarize insights from analysis and clearly communicate findings in a cohesive story; articulate an argument to be presented to executives
- Conceptualize solutions (e.g., new products, pitches, differentiated user journeys etc. to meet identified customer needs) keeping into consideration evolved or futuristic ways of solving for those needs (e.g., shortened user journeys, innovative ways to reach the customer etc.)
- Pivot ideas basis testing or validation of hypothesis / solutions with the end user
- Liaise with the product manager and other key stakeholders to determine solution viability and build the same
- Take complete ownership of the ideas including program management activities (e.g., set key deliverables, manage timelines etc.)
What are we looking for?
Technical skill requirements:
- Problem-solving skills:curious individuals with strong creative skills to identify problems / gaps, generate and prioritize ideas, identify solutions to business problems
- Critical thinking skills: ability to draw sound conclusions from information and various data sources; acumen to separate relevant information from less vital ones
- Quantitative and financial modeling skills:comfort in working with large data sets to provide analytical support to all aspects of the business
- Collaborative skills:aptitude to work with cross-functional teams and to interact directly with senior executives across departments
- Communication skills: ability to articulate insights from findings to management and relevant stakeholders’
Attitude / behavioural requirements:
- Self-starter attitude; curiosity and passion to take on challenges
- Bias for action (knowing when to trade off perfection for timing; getting things done)
- Comfort with ambiguity (things will be clear at times and unclear at times; if you’re not ok with fog, don’t be a pilot)
- Out of the box thinking, clarity in thought (great to have wacky ideas, but you should be clear of your wacky ideas)
- Ability to multitask and work on a diverse range of requirements
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
HDFC LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) ('HDFC Life' / ‘Company’) is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., one of India’s leading housing finance institution and Standard Life Aberdeen, a global investment company.
Established in 2000, HDFC Life is a leading long-term life insurance solutions provider in India, offering a range of individual and group insurance solutions that meet various customer needs such as Protection, Pension, Savings, Investment, Annuity and Health. As on March 31, 2020 the Company had 37 individual and 11 group products in its portfolio, along with 6 optional rider benefits, catering to a diverse range of customer needs.
HDFC Life continues to benefit from its presence across the country with 421 branches and additional distribution touchpoints through several partnerships. The partnerships comprise 270 Bancassurance partners including NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies), MFIs (Micro Finance Institutions), SFBs (Small Finance Banks), etc. and more than 40new ecosystem partners. The Company is also strengthened by a strong base of financial consultants.In Fiscal 2012, The Company established a wholly-owned subsidiary, HDFC Pension Management Company Ltd., to operate its pension fund business under the National Pension Scheme (NPS). And in Fiscal 2016, the Company established its first international wholly-owned subsidiary in the UAE, HDFC International Life and Re Company Ltd., to operate its reinsurance business.