Roles and ResponsibilitiesSpecial Projects, CEO office@ HDFC Life
HDFC Life has continuously innovated with a futuristic mindset and led the industry in this area. One of the mandates of the team (us!), rolling into the CEO’s office, is to work on cutting edge ideas in the area of life insurance.
We are responsible for conceptualizing new ideas through consumer research and market intelligence, and also testing these ideas through an iterative pilot-feedback-repeat loop. We are (thankfully) empowered individuals who like to think of ourselves as “idea owners”, with the ability to think differently, challenge the status quo and with a bias for action.
If leading the roadmap (short term and long-term strategy) for innovative products / solutions that address unmet customer needs interests you, if you are able to connect customer needs to tech enabled business solutions and are able to convert feedback into ongoing enhancements, then do reach out to us. This role will give you a high degree of freedom and exposure to drive end to end product development along with a fair amount of accountability.
Education: Bachelor/Master degree from Tier 1 Institute
Experience: 5-8 years’ experience(mandatory) in leading growth products in a B2C environment
- Develop business strategies and product road maps, prioritize features/ solutions based on customer needs and impact to business
- Work closely with engineering, design, business, operations and other key stakeholders to translate product vision into features and solutions
- Design the full wireframe from 'idea' into an executable MVP product roadmap
- Create detailed requirements documents to the individual feature level
- Manage delivery of product enhancements concurrently with future product visioning and planning
- Identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Use data and critical thinking to drive alignment on product vision
- This is an individual contributor role
What are we looking for?
- Experience across working on Web & App products
- Passion for customer experience, and proven ability to identify and implement UI / UX best practices
- Strong process definition and optimization skills; proven ability to define effective, efficient, and scalable processes and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
- Must be metrics-driven
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Track record of successfully delivering projects on time, to scope, with high quality
Attitude / behavioral requirements:
- Self-starter attitude; curiosity and passion to take on challenges and deliver results with minimum direction
- Bias for action (knowing when to trade off perfection for timing; getting things done)
- Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment
- Out of the box thinking, clarity in thought(great to have wacky ideas, but you should be clear of your wacky ideas)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
HDFC LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) ('HDFC Life' / ‘Company’) is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., one of India’s leading housing finance institution and Standard Life Aberdeen, a global investment company.
Established in 2000, HDFC Life is a leading long-term life insurance solutions provider in India, offering a range of individual and group insurance solutions that meet various customer needs such as Protection, Pension, Savings, Investment, Annuity and Health. As on March 31, 2020 the Company had 37 individual and 11 group products in its portfolio, along with 6 optional rider benefits, catering to a diverse range of customer needs.
HDFC Life continues to benefit from its presence across the country with 421 branches and additional distribution touchpoints through several partnerships. The partnerships comprise 270 Bancassurance partners including NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies), MFIs (Micro Finance Institutions), SFBs (Small Finance Banks), etc. and more than 40new ecosystem partners. The Company is also strengthened by a strong base of financial consultants.In Fiscal 2012, The Company established a wholly-owned subsidiary, HDFC Pension Management Company Ltd., to operate its pension fund business under the National Pension Scheme (NPS). And in Fiscal 2016, the Company established its first international wholly-owned subsidiary in the UAE, HDFC International Life and Re Company Ltd., to operate its reinsurance business.