Roles and ResponsibilitiesSpecial Projects, CEO Office @ HDFC Life
HDFC Life has continuously innovated with a futuristic mindset and led the industry in this area. One of the mandates of the team (us!), rolling into the CEO’s office, is to work on cutting edge ideas in the area of life insurance.
We are responsible for conceptualizing new ideas through consumer research and market intelligence, and also testing these ideas through an iterative pilot-feedback-repeat loop. We are (thankfully) empowered individuals who like to think of ourselves as “idea owners”, with the ability to think differently, challenge the status quo and with a bias for action.
Ideas can be futile until they are communicated in a simple, intuitive & easy to understand manner to the end user. And when it comes to life insurance, the concept of simplification becomes even more profound (yes, insurance can have a lot of jargon!). If learning about the life insurance industry, disseminating the learning through different formats (text, video, social etc.) and concepts (in layman terms) and building user base for such content (through organic or digital marketing techniques) sound exciting to you, then please reach out to us. We promise that you will learn, you will enjoy and you will have the satisfaction of having done something truly new and innovative.
Designation: Deputy Manager / Manager
Education: Bachelor / Master's degree (preferably in Communications, Marketing, English, or related fields)
Experience: 4 - 7 years
- Research and write content for blogs, articles, emails, website landing pages and social copies
- Improvise scripts and storyboards for content (e.g., training material, customer facing collateral etc.)
- Ideate on new formats and topics for our content
- Coordinate with designers, business resources and other stakeholders
- Follow and implement best practices for content optimization such as search engine optimization
- Create and implement user growth strategy (organic / inorganic traffic through digital marketing techniques)
- Evolve content strategy and guidelines and adapt them to new situations (e.g., bite sized videos, vernacular content etc.)
- Proactively maintain and update content regularly (e.g., basis change in regulation, product features etc.)
- Previous content writing experience across formats (text, social, video etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of finance / banking / insurance would be a huge plus(not mandatory)
- Self-starter attitude(not waiting for the next task from the manager)
- Bias for action(knowing when to trade off perfection for timing; getting things done)
- Comfort with ambiguity(things will be clear at times and unclear at times; if you’re not ok with fog, don’t be a pilot)
- Out of the box thinking, clarity in thought(great to have wacky ideas, but you should be clear of your wacky ideas)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
HDFC LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) ('HDFC Life' / ‘Company’) is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., one of India’s leading housing finance institution and Standard Life Aberdeen, a global investment company.
Established in 2000, HDFC Life is a leading long-term life insurance solutions provider in India, offering a range of individual and group insurance solutions that meet various customer needs such as Protection, Pension, Savings, Investment, Annuity and Health. As on March 31, 2020 the Company had 37 individual and 11 group products in its portfolio, along with 6 optional rider benefits, catering to a diverse range of customer needs.
HDFC Life continues to benefit from its presence across the country with 421 branches and additional distribution touchpoints through several partnerships. The partnerships comprise 270 Bancassurance partners including NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies), MFIs (Micro Finance Institutions), SFBs (Small Finance Banks), etc. and more than 40new ecosystem partners. The Company is also strengthened by a strong base of financial consultants.In Fiscal 2012, The Company established a wholly-owned subsidiary, HDFC Pension Management Company Ltd., to operate its pension fund business under the National Pension Scheme (NPS). And in Fiscal 2016, the Company established its first international wholly-owned subsidiary in the UAE, HDFC International Life and Re Company Ltd., to operate its reinsurance business.