Chief Manager – Underwriting
Roles and Responsibilities
Job Description: Underwriting – HNI Term ( Chief Manager)
About the department:
Underwriting department assesses risks of the customers and performs financial evaluation in detail to make a sound choice for insured. It is responsible to determine the terms and conditions of the risks and recommend appropriate solutions based on their eligibility and age in order to ensure efficient onboarding of the accurate customers in the organization.
Purpose of the Job:
As a Chief manager- Term cell , the role involves managing the issuance and the underwriting risks associated with High sum assured term plans. It includes managing the reinsurer on decisions & guidelines, handling complaints, handling sales escalations, team management, managing issuance & risk.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Underwriting of cases basis authority as per TAT and achieving daily target.
- Managing UW TAT for issuance.
- Team management.
- Reinsurer management for decisions on critical cases & guidelines.
- Managing sales channels.
- Handling cross functional departmental activities.
- Maintaining & managing MIS data as per pre-defined guidelines.
- Handling Customer Escalation & minimizing customer Complaints.
- Identifying the gaps and implementing changes for overall process improvement.
- Industry benchmarking & implementation of best practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Educational Qualification: Graduate/ post graduate in Life sciences / pharmacy/ medicine.
Work Experience – 8-10 year relevant experience.
Medical Underwriting with independent authority of 2 crore and above.
MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and etc.)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Department:Customer Success, Service & Operations
Role Category:Customer Success, Service & Operations - Other
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:BHMS in Homeopathy
HDFC Life, one of India’s leading private life insurance companies, offers a range of individual and group insurance solutions. HDFC Life continues to have one of the widest reaches among new insurance companies with about 380+ branches in India touching customers in over 900 cities and towns. Our long-stated strategy of balanced product mix, diversified distribution, continuous product innovation and re-imagining insurance through effective use of technology has enabled us to continue our journey despite the ever-changing external environment.